Following on from my recent Olive it! cookery class I’m going to be sharing a mini series of the recipes we made (and ate) so you can give them a go yourselves!
As you’ll know from my previous recipes on my blog, I’m a huge fan of easy instructions with few ingredients but that produce delicious results. This is no exception. To make you olives marinated in oregano and chillies…
- 1 jar or tin of green olives
- 100ml of mild olive oil
- 6 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 6 dried cayenne peppers
- Drain the olives from the brine and place them in a bowl.
- Between your hands, rub the sprigs of oregano so they release their natural aromas, before sprinkling the sprigs over the olives in the bowl with the crushed chillies.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and then turn everything together to mix.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes then enjoy the freshly marinated olives!
Your freshly marinated olives can be kept in the fridge for up to a month in a tightly sealed container.