I love Marmite with everything – I even converted my other half to be a Marmite lover too. So it was the obvious step in my baking world to combine my main two foodie loves, cheese and Marmite, and bake some muffins. Similar to my cheese and chive muffin recipe, these muffins are super quick and easy to make.
It is no secret that I love Christmas. So now Halloween is over and bonfire night is out the way, we can now focus on the big event! Last night I started by using my new festive cookie cutters and making Christmas themed gingerbread…
So here is the recipe: (makes approx 20 biscuits)
- 90g soft dark brown sugar
- 45g clear honey
- 30g butter
- 180g (12oz) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
- Baking parchment
- Put the honey, sugar and butter in a pan, and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan to allow to cool slightly.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and ginger into a bowl. Pour in the melted mixture and the egg. Mix well.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface.
- Set the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Roll out the gingerbread on a surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Cut out your shapes (preferably xmas themed) and transfer to the lined baking sheets.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow the pieces to cool on baking sheets.