My cheese and chive mini muffins are so quick and easy to make, yet so tasty, they are very popular with my boyfriend (who gets them fresh out the oven), friends and colleagues. I’ve never had much of a sweet tooth, my Achilles heel is cheese. So my favourite ingredient combination for my mini muffins are mature cheddar and chives. Although I have made them with a variety of different ingredients as you’ll find out later in this blog post. So now you’ve seen my muffins, let me tell you how to make them…
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 7tbsp milk
- 50g melted butter
- Chopped fresh chives – I normally use a whole pack
- Grated mature cheese – The more you use, the more stodgy the muffins will be, but the more cheesy flavour you get!
If you want to make a larger batch then simply double the quantities.
The quantities of cheese and chives are just down to personal preference but I am pretty generous with them both.
Pre-heat over to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
- Mix together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Add the milk and beaten egg to the melted butter.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon into a mini muffin baking tray (I prefer silicone trays).
- Cook for approx 10-12 mins.
Other ingredients I have used include the following. Most of which require cooking the ingredients before you combine with the basic muffin mixture.
Black pudding and chorizo:
Haggis and cheese:
Spicy chili and cheese:
If you try out this recipe please let me know! Or if you have any suggestions for ingredients, please comment below 🙂