I love Marmite with everything – I even converted my other half to be a Marmite lover too. So it was the obvious step in my baking world to combine my main two foodie loves, cheese and Marmite, and bake some muffins. Similar to my cheese and chive muffin recipe, these muffins are super quick and easy to make.
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 7tbsp milk
- 50g melted butter
- One large tablespoon of Marmite – Less could be added if you’re unsure
- Approx. 70g Grated mature cheese
If you want to make a larger batch then simply double the quantities.
The quantities of cheese and Marmite are just down to personal preference but I am pretty generous with them both.
Pre-heat over to 200 degrees/gas mark 6.
- Mix together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Add the milk and beaten egg to the melted butter.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix together then add the Marmite.
- Spoon into a mini muffin baking tray (I prefer silicone trays).
- Cook for approx 10-12 mins.