I looooove fawning over tasty looking foodie recipes on Pinterest, but I never imagine they’d turn out like that if I tried to make them myself. One particular photo that caught my eye was of some jam filled biscuits/cookies so I decided to give them a go! And correct me if I’m wrong but I think mine look pretty damn delicious…
These biscuits are SO melt-in-the-mouth buttery you can feel your heart clogging up as you eat them but you still want more! The recipe was really simple but if you have a food processor then that is definitely an advantage!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- Jam (I used strawberry and apricot)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or food processor with the paddle/whisk attachment, blend the butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Add the vanilla and salt. If using a food processor, switch to the low speed and gently mix in flour, just until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place dough balls on the baking parchment. Press down the centre of each ball with a spoon (or your thumb or knuckle) to make a dip.
- Fill the centres with a teaspoonful of jam. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and puffy, but take care not to over bake. Once they’ve cooled a bit, transfer to finish cooling on wire rack.
Off into the oven…
Let me know if you try making them yourself! Or if you have any Pinterest recipes you’ve made that worked out well too!