Following on from the success of my famous Marmite and cheese muffins recipe I decided to spice things up a bit, literally, with some chorizo and chillies.
I present to you my super quick and easy to make spicy chorizo and cheese muffins…
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 7tbsp milk
- 50g melted butter
- Roughly 1/2 a chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- Approx. 70g grated mature cheese
- Dried chilli flakes (quantity dependent on how spicy you want your muffins)
If you want to make a larger batch then simply double the quantities.
Pre-heat over to 200 degrees/gas mark 6.
- Fry off the chorizo in a dry pan then leave to cool a bit.
- Mix together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt and chilli flakes.
- Add the grated cheese and chorizo.
- Add the milk and beaten egg to the melted butter.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spoon into a mini muffin baking tray (I prefer silicone trays).
- Cook for approx 10-12 mins.
They’re best served warm straight out the oven or if they’re cool, heat them up in the microwave for about 10 seconds. If you give these muffins a go, please let me know what you think in the comments below.